Our Village Family Childcare service is available for children from 0–12 years of age, in the homes of qualified Early Childhood Educators.
We provide a high quality childcare in a family home environment. The service operates every day of the week and provides daytime, overnight and respite care for children and families in the areas of Sunbury, Diggers Rest, Woodend, Romsey, Gisborne, Lancefield, Craigieburn, Sydenham, Frasers Rise, Delahey, Keilor Park, Sunshine, Sunshine West, Niddrie, Airport West and Avondale Heights.
Using a play-based approach supported by a central team of early childhood education professionals, our Educators are committed to providing education and care in a nurturing environment.
Why Choose Our Village Family Childcare?
Hear from some of our families!
Our Village Family Childcare Educators partner with the coordination unit to provide child care of the highest quality. A holistic approach in the delivery of education and care ensures parents and children within our community feel safe, gain a sense of belonging and children are free to explore and learn through their environment.
Our Village Family Childcare service philosophy upholds the Early Childhood Australia’s Code of Ethics.
Our Village Family Childcare is committed to ensuring parents and children have access to quality home based education and childcare appropriate to their needs regardless of income, cultural background or disabilities.
Statement of Ethics
The relationship between the service providers and the families shall be one of mutual trust, integrity and respect, based on clear recognition of the rights of all parties.
Beliefs and Goals for Children and Families
- children’s self-esteem and sense of belonging are vital to their continuing growth and development
- children feel secure in an environment which is consistent, flexible, and respects their individual needs
- it is healthy for children to freely express and experience their emotions
- children have a right to be involved in decision making; they need time and opportunities to develop their own ideas, and form their own opinions
- children need opportunities to develop positive relationships with adults and peers
- children are motivated to learn through play and exploration
- children need to know that cultural diversity is valued, respected, encouraged and celebrated, and
- that the connection between the child and home is vital in creating positive relationships with all families.
Early Childhood Educators
- in demonstrating warmth and empathy towards all children
- in being advocates for young children and families, early childhood services and our profession
- in being positive role models for the children and each other
- learning is a shared active process between children, families and early childhood educators
- in order for the children to reach their full potential we need to work in partnership with children and families.
Environment and Community
- children are spontaneous and learn through flexible programs
- natural resources give children an understanding of and respect for the environment
- children need hands-on experiences to connect with and build an awareness of their environment and the world around them
- children learn best when offered open-ended materials, ample time and the opportunity to investigate, imagine, dream, hypothesise, problem solve, transform and invent
- in enhancing a positive connection and working collaboratively with diverse organisations, and
- through outings in our communities children are connecting and contributing to their world and building on their social experiences.
Our Village Family Childcare philosophy is linked to the National Quality Standards 2012, Being, Belonging and Becoming Framework and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.